Everyone these days seems to like the Top 10 lists. Therefore, I decided to put together my Top 10 ways to become an engaged homeschool dad.
Top 10 ways for a homeschool dad to engage
10. Be committed to the lifestyle that is homeschooling
9. Be willing to share your life experiences with your children: Successes and failures
8. Self Assessment: Are you living and exhibiting a God honoring life – Your children are watching!
7. Get off the bench: Teach a few lessons in the afternoons
6. Be a champion and supporter to your wife
5. Be involved with planning the school year (do you know what curriculum you use?)
4. Spend some time each day talking with your kids about what they learned
3. Get your priorities in line: God, Family, Job
2. Accept and embrace your role as the spiritual leader of your home
And the number one thing you can do to be an engaged homeschool dad:
1. Pray daily for your wife and family
Come on guys… hang up the principle hat and join the team. The time we have with our children is so short and goes so fast. Homeschool is such a blessing in that it gives us the chance to be involved with our children every step of the way. To help them grow and develop into wonderful ladies and gentlemen. Embrace this time….Remember this time……Treasure this time.
- Homeschooling Through Adversity – A Journey of faith (dadsjourneyoffaith.com)
- You are Qualified to Homeschool! (practicalpages.wordpress.com)
- Fathers – Engage (dadsjourneyoffaith.com)